Friday 28 September 2012

Character Design & Insects


Character Designs
So far we've had 2 briefs for character designs firstly for robots in the first week and now for Insects &/or Fish. I initially chose insects because i'm move familiar with insectoid forms because I've tried many times with the shapes and features for these creatures. After doing some research and adding inspirational imagery to my Pinterest, i drew a concept for a children character whom i have named Mantis Man.


I own a couple of David Attenborough books so i flicked through and drew many of the insects that was found within it for extra research on these creatures. Above is some of the best ones. I may go into Photoshop with my tablet and have a go at drawing there. I need to get more proficient with my tablet!
Practice Practice!

No comments:

Post a Comment